PIZZA PUNKS

Friday 4 October 2019


I recently won a competition on facebook to win a Pizza and a Cocktail at Pizza Punks in Newcastle. Bring a friend, they said. So I did. Pizza Punks have been around since 2018. Fresh to the restaurant scene in canny old Geordieland. My friend was so excited that I had won this competition "You win everything!" I do have a bit of luck on my side. "I hope you're taking me" Of Course I'd be taking my best friend. I love our friend dates together and this was a perfect opportunity.


Pizza Punks have this neon aesthetic vibe. And I love it. There is just something about a neon light that I absolutely love, perhaps its my love for cyberpunk that reminds me how cool areas look with neon tubes everywhere. It's not too over fussy and the decor is on point with the name. Bare bricks, wall art, a massive oven in the corner and loads of natural and neon light! There are plenty of seats but the day we went, it was quite busy and they had booked us in. But a table cleared within a few minutes of being there, so it probably wouldn't be a problem if you wanted to just drop in for a bite to eat.

The staff were so lovely and greeted us with a smile. We were shown to our table and given a few minutes to choose from the menu. Our utensils included a pizza cutter, we had to cut our own pizza, might as well have cooked them. LOL. Just kidding, I thought this was pretty cool. Since we were allowed a pizza each, I went for their classic Nduja Sausage which is a white sauce base with fior di latte, spicy nduja sausage, stem broccoli and sun dried tomatoes. It made me feel like I was eating healthy. I don't even know what I typed out but it also sounded healthy. Pizza... with a great feeling afterwards!! I find takeaway pizza always leaves me feeling disgusting and ten times fatter. If I had bought this pizza it would have been the standard price of 9£. My friend on the other hand decided to go for the Make Your Own Pizza. She went for a red tomato base with cheese, chicken, sausage, pepperoni (I think, haha I can't remember but that's what it looks like on the photo)


We also had the rosemary garlic bread which was a new taste sensation and some dips on the side.
I should have asked the waiter if anyone had all the toppings on the pizza. Since for a flat £10 you can choose all the toppings you want. We played it quite safe with our pizzas for our first time but will go abit crazy next time.


But Jess you said you got a free cocktail too. Yes we did! Mine had pretty much a full strawberry plant inside of it. Why do I always get cocktails with plants in them?! I opted for the Strawberry Smash - vanilla infused vodka with lemon juice, strawberry puree and lemonade.I can honestly say that if I had drunk more than 2 of these, I would have definitely been smashed. Phew, the vodka in this drink was too much. I've had better strawberry cocktails in the past. Laura, my friend, I've realised I never mentioned her name, hi Laura, well she got a Drumstick Chiprisma. She literally had a drumstick lolly in her drink. Made from a vanilla infused bacardi with raspberry bacardi and lime juice and gomme. She enjoyed it very much by the way.
Cocktail prices vary but Pizza Punks are home to the CBD oil infused cocktail which I must try next time, its called The Dazed and Confused... like the film.

We didn't have any dessert (we did go to a dessert bar later on through night) but they do serve it for any munchkins you may have with you on a family night out or a date night. Pizza Punks is perfect for any time, any day and any occasion in my opinion!

Overall Pizza Punks has a fun and cool vibe, music is fab, food is amazing and the staff are lovely. Perfect for family, friend dates, date dates and work outings.



If you are in Newcastle or just visiting check them out when you are feeling hungry.


Pizza Punks
34-40 Grey Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE1 8AE
pizzapunks.co.uk/newcastle



No comments :

Post a Comment