JAWBREAKERS AND STARS

Tuesday 8 October 2019


Hello my ghouls, my boos, my.. oh I don't know. Hey everyone. Just to point out, I'm not really happy with the outcome of these photos but I tried, I may retake them soon. Anyhoo.. I've been so excited to try a Jeffree Star eye shadow palette for the longest time, so when I won a competition a few months ago I just had to see what all the fuss was. I've tried Jeffree's liquid lipsticks before and loved them but I hadn't tried the eye shadow or anything else. So when my package came, there was a mini jawbreaker palette, a liquid lipstick, a lip scrub and lip gloss. But today I'm just going to be talking about the mini palette.


The mini breaker costs £25 at beauty bay and the mammy jawbreaker palette is £54. wowzer.
This little bad boy has 9 shades, 2 from the main jawbreaker palette and 7 brand new hues. The eye shadow formulas are a mix of matte and metallic pigments.
The packaging is still gorgeous, with the iconic jawbreaker 90's splatters on the outside and inside and the sleeve cover is a luminous green (which I'm not a fan of but the palette is what matters) A decent size mirror is in this palette, perfect for traveling. The eye-shadows of course are embossed with the iconic Jeffree Star logo. 
I had no trouble blending these eye-shadows and I'm obsessed with the shades Hot Fudge, Double Scoop and Orange Crush which are perfect shades to blend for an autumnal look.

Double Scoop - a mustard terracotta matte
Orange Crush - a matte orange with gold reflects
Foreplay - a pinky purple matte
Oral - a duo chrome effect with lilac reflects
Purple Punch - a bright purple matte
Slice - a gold metallic
Bubble Gum - a bubble gum pink matte
Bite Me - a deep rich purple metallic
Hot Fudge - a cool toned brown

And all vegan and cruelty free.

First impressions was how pigmented these palettes are. Damn Star! You know how to make a palette. They stay on so long and a little goes along way with the metallics. Bubblegum and Bite Me are in the main Jawbreaker palette which doesn't bother me. The 7 other shades are new to this palette and are just beautiful. I really want to get the bigger version now. Is this palette worth the money if you are thinking of buying? Yes. For £25 you get 9 amazing shades and the payoff is beautiful. It's around £2.70 per eye shadow. :D

I just love his cosmetics regardless of what you think of Jeff. 

Will you be getting any Jeffree Star cosmetics or items?






No comments :

Post a Comment