MAY DAY by Josie Jaffery | BOOK REVIEW*

Monday 24 August 2020

{ Paperback / 312 Pages | Publisher: Silver Sun Books }

May Day is the first book in the Seekers series and my first Josie Jaffery book :D I was kindly sent an ARC to read*

If Jessica Jones and Selene from Underworld had a baby, Valentine would be that baby. May Day follows Jack (Jacqueline) Valentine, a bisexual vampire detective who is a on a wild ride.


May Day follows Valentine, one of the youngest members of the Oxford Seekers. When a human turns up dead, Jack has to team up with the one person she's had a grudge on since turning into a Silver, Baron Killian Drake to help solve this mysterious murder.
What is a seeker? They keep order in the world, making sure no vampires go rogue and no one exposes them to humans and this is exactly why Jack needs to solve this murder before the world finds out monsters do exist.

Valentine has a cute crush on Tabitha but when she teams up with her enemy, Killian, these relationship's get hot and messy. I don't know how I feel about Killian and Valentine, I want to see Jack, happy and full of puppy eyes for Tabitha but the chemistry between Valake (maybes Jacklian, I dunno what their ship name should be) is steamy. That's all I'm saying.

The novel was a bit of a slow burn for me, the first 100 or so pages were more about introducing characters and a bit of a back story with Jack and how she became a Silver ( a Silver is what they call Vampires because of their Silver eyes ) The second half of the book, really kicked into gear and I couldn't put it down. I love vampire books and this book hits the spot.

There is a scene that grossed me out. Everyone forgets vampires are not nice creatures. They are vile demons who roam the night. So hearing about the character, Felton and his antics made me squirm. I just wanted to punch him with a stake.

Cam is my favourite character in this book. They are a precious cinnamon bun and need to be protected. I really hope we get more of Cam in the sequels.


RATING ~ 4/5 STARS
I gave this book 4/5 stars on Good Reads. Just for the slow pacing. That ending was woah and I can't wait to read more. If you love Vampire stories, please pick this up!

Find Josie on Twitter | Goodreads | Website (with more links!) 

You can get May Day here


I want to know, what is your favourite Vampire Trope?

Join me on Good Reads






No comments :

Post a Comment