TV SHOWS TO WATCH IN AUTUMN

Wednesday 9 October 2019


I love a good slob about on the sofa with a fluffy blanket, cup of tea and just binge watch shows after a tiresome week of work. There's something about watching TV shows in autumn that just give me a warm fuzzy feeling and usually all the best shows come back on our TV's during fall.


Here are some of my top picks to binge this autumn.


LUCIFER
Oh my lucy. I put off watching this for ages and then bam, I stuck it on one day and I got hooked. HELLO DETECTIVE. Tom Ellis does such a good job as Lucifer. This show is just so fun, nothing serious and it's ya typical guy teams up with cop to solve crimes but this time its the feckin' devil. My favourite characters are Lucy himself, Ella and Trixie usually when she has scenes with Mazikeen (also, amazing name) Even if you don't like repetitive cop shows please stick it out for Lucifer. Seasons 1-4 are on Amazon, Season 5 and the newest and last season are on Netflix.


LEGACIES
This is another spin off from Vampire Diaries/The Originals. And I adore both of those shows. It follows Hope Mikkelson and her time at the Salvatore School a few years later after VD and TO ended. And I was 50/50 on the first series but the last few episodes just sucked me right in and now I need a season 2! There are times with Josey and her sister where I'm like oh dear lord end this. But Alaric and Hopes adventures make up for it as well as some new monsters to fight.


AMERICAN HORROR STORY
As someone who has watched every season so far, I'm loving the new season 1984. Now this isn't on Netflix yet but Season 1-8 are. Evan Peters, Sarah Pulson are not in this season sadly but Cody Fern, Emma Roberts and Billie Lourd are back. This season is a homage to all them 70's and 80s cheesy slasher flicks and I'm here for it.
Each season has a theme and usually these themes are all connected. Seasons Coven and Apocalyse were very connected which means the whole of AHS is connected and I love that.
Some seasons aren't as strong as other contenders. My order of how good they are would be (not including this current season) Murder House, Asylum, Hotel, Freak Show, Apocalypse, Coven, Roanoke. If you love horror and weird stories then this one is for you.


MARIANNE
I love this show. I watched it dub and I just love the actress who plays Emma. Shes so fun and such a good actor. This show is so creepy. It has its jumps and nobody is fooled by that weird flabby mask but it really intrigued me and with that ending, I can't wait for another season! Either watch it dubbed (which is a little silly, trying to voice some of the acting has its stretches but its not too bad) or watch with subtitles because this is perfect for spooky season. It's on Netflix with 10 episodes at around an hour each.


GILMORE GIRLS
My ultimate go to tv show to watch in autumn. It just has that cosy feel. Coffee, Stars Hollow and it’s festivals, Fast paced conversations and a young Jared Padalecki. Rory and Lorelai are the best mother /daughter duo and I just love the series. I grew up watching Gilmore Girls and in 2016 they came out with the Year in The Life mini series and nothing had changed. Nothing. They had to remake the set and it looks exactly the same even though it isn’t. Even reading Lauren Grahams memoir about being on set just fills me with warm fuzzy hugs. Please watch this for quirky characters and wholesome content. Also Chad Michael Murray and Jared Padalecki starred in House of Wax together and that blew my mind!




No comments :

Post a Comment