SLEEP by C.L Taylor | BOOK REVIEW

Thursday 3 October 2019


I've been a fan of Cally for a while now and she's quite easily one of my favourite authors. I won The Treatment in 2017 and prior to that I read The Missing and loved both. So when I read she had a new book out, I just had to get on amazon and order it. Few days later and voila, I had a copy in my hands.


Just like her previous book I could hardly put down Sleep. It took me an average of 4 days to read it in total while juggling work etc. It was easy to read and also perfect for anyone dipping their toes in the thriller genre. You best grab a cup of your favourite hot beverage and clear your day because you'll be hooked. I also loved the detail under the sleeve of the book. If you're reading this then I am no longer alive

I don't want to give away anything but the plot is that Anna, our protagonist, is driving back from a company event with colleagues and an accident happens. People die. She blames herself for everything and it haunts her. So she relocates to a remote island in Scotland, working in a hotel. Which has 7 guests joining her and each have a secret. And one of them is a murderer. Dun dun dunnnnnnn.

I feel like Taylor could have added more chilling parts to the book. I was intrigued by this mystery of who was trying to kill Anna but nothing made me shiver. I felt like she could have pushed a little bit into the horror side but it still kept me on my toes and reminded me of Cluedo and I love Cluedo!
Although I can't fault the pacing of this book. It's not a slow burn, its fast and furious and everything starts happening. Guilt is a large theme in this book and how we deal with loss and it works very well with the horrors that are unfolding around Anna.

I can't wait for whatever Cally does next. I know I will read whatever she brings to my bookcase. :D

Who are some of your favourite Thriller authors and have you read any of Cally Taylors books, if you did which one and what did you think of it?



No comments :

Post a Comment