MY UNDERRATED FILMS PT1: MR RIGHT

Saturday 19 October 2019


I've only seen Mr Right, three times and it has to be one of my top 10 films and one of the most underrated films I've seen in a while. The film came out in 2016 and stars Sam Rockwell as Frances, a hitman who kills those who hire him, Anna Kendrick as Martha, who captures the heart of Frances and Tim Roth as Hopper, one of the bad guys. Its such a cute film that it makes me smile all the way through.
I've had to include gifs in this post! (they look better on a phone haha)
The chemistry between Sam and Anna is adorable and they make a great on screen couple. Sam is a cheeky chap as Frances and he captures this weird and wonderful character so well. Anna is perfect as Martha, shes such an insecure girl at the start of the film because of her boyfriend cheating on her and she grows to this badass at the end of the film and Frances brings that out in her. He always comments on how beautiful she is, he never lies to her and he trys his hardest to respect her wishes. I recommend this film so much if you love cute comedy action films that are done right (pun intended)


My favourite scenes start as soon as Frances and Martha meet in the store. That slow motion condom packet grab scene is funny and looks pretty cool to be honest. You find out Frances has a very high reflex skill which is shown throughout the film.


I love their journey from the first date. From the walk in the park where Frances saves Martha from a sniper and holding her hand (so cute) to their second date of killing him in the parking lot and going home and throwing knifes! One of my all time favourite scenes is Frances showing Martha his reflex move by throwing knifes at her. It's such a cute and awesome scene and it makes me smile and laugh. 


Eventually Martha comes to terms that he's a hitman who kills whoever hires him as Murder is Wrong. And finds her inner confidence and motivation in life. 
Cue crazy fight scenes and super adorable scenes for the rest of the film. 


I love when Frances meets up with Anna during her rescue scene and behind her gag she smiles and does this little happy sound and he dances. It's just one of my favourite moments of the whole film as well as the knife throwing scene.


I could watch this every single day and not get bored and I wouldn't mind being sandwiched between both actors. Just saying. I adore both actors and they did an amazing job with this film.



It's on Netflix to watch for anyone that's interested in this crazy cute action film. Please tell me your favourite scene if you do watch it or have already scene it! 







No comments :

Post a Comment