HORIZON CHASE TURBO | GAMING

Monday 14 October 2019


Horizon Chase Turbo is a game I've had in my PlayStation Library for a while from a monthly PlayStation plus games but never fully downloaded and played until recently when three of us wanted to play a silly fun game. Oh boy did we get addicted to racing each other. I've said in the past that I've wanted to incorporate more gaming posts into my blog so here I am.



Horizon Chase Turbo is a fun racing game inspired by 80's and 90's racing games and is the Successor to Horizon Chase World Tour. Playing homage to 16-bit racers with it's vibrancy in graphics and classic arcade gaming style. You get that old school vibe from the awesome soundtrack that really pumps it up and gets you going, to the simple graphics of each race track and surroundings. We definitely have a bit of nostalgia when getting comfy on the sofa and tag teaming to get super trophy's. One of us will slowly go round the track for coins and another will speed through to get to Number 1. It's quite fun. I'm not even a racing gamer and I find it fun.


HCT includes a world tour campaign, endurance courses, multiplayer and challenges. I've just paid to unlock the new summer vibes tracks and cars. Giving us an 80's Miami vibe. I can't wait to see what else is in store down the line. I've even got my friend to download this game so we can race next time we hang out.

While playing with friends, a simple and old style multiplayer split screen will make your eyes go crazy with the fast pace and graphics zooming towards you in a tiny box screen. There's so much to unlock as well, 12 cups, 48 cities, 109 tracks (my favourite is the Los Angeles at night) and a butt ton of cars to unlock and upgrade.

I highly recommend this game even if you don't like racing games. Give it a try. I think its around £20 to buy and its coming to Switch and Xbox One this November, it's currently on PlayStation, and Steam! What is your favourite old school racing game?










No comments :

Post a Comment