GAMES I WANT REMASTERED

Sunday 20 October 2019


Everywhere you turn there are remasters being announced in the gaming world, from Spyro to Resident Evil 2. I'm always excited when one is announced. We've come so far in technology and graphics, why not update older games and I do love having the option of powering up a PS1 and playing Crash Bandicoot but also have the option to play in high def on the PS4. Mostly publishers or gaming production company's have ceased to trade or licensing laws prevent certain games from being re-made which is a shame but that doesn't stop us day dreaming about them.

Here are some games that I'd love a remaster of!

The original Deus Ex is right up there at the top of my list of games I'd want remastered. As much as I love the newest games. My heart belongs to the OG Deus Ex. And even though this game does have a fan made HD upgrade called Revision on Steam, I want a full remaster of this game. It would make me so happy. I mean I have the PC and all PlayStation versions of this game so why not a HD full remaster.

I played Urban Chaos so much as a kid and I'd love to see a full remaster of this epic "free world" action cop game. It was released on the PlayStation and PC so I would love another release on PS4 or PS5. I had both versions at one point, just like most of these games I've listed. Unfortunately I think Mucky Foot Productions are defunct now but they did release the source code for Urban Chaos, so lets see what people make of it. There was a second Urban Chaos but it wasn't nearly as good as the original.

Dino Crisis was one of those games that scared the shit out of me. Up there with Silent Hill, another game I'd love a remaster of! Technology these days could make it even more scarier and with the success of Resident Evil 2 I feel like it can be achieved. I feel like the whole gaming community is waiting for remaster of Dino Crisis, so hurry up Capcom.

I adore No One Lives Forever so fricking much and just like the OG Deus Ex there is a fan made HD version out there but I'd love a full remaster. Unfortunately this will never happen nor will another Cate Archer game be made. Which is so sad because for the time it came out, it was such an innovated game and full of girl power. Heck, I'd even give the sequel a remake to cause that was a banger as well. We won't speak of the spin off. There is a big faff and hoohar about who owns the rights and the fact that the people who actually own them don't intend on giving up the licensing or have no intentions of remastering even tho company's have expressed interest in getting the rights and remastering the games.

Recently I've been having the urge to play Resident Evil Code Veronica and I think this would be a great remake after Resident Evil 2. I love the old creepy mansion settings in Resident Evil and I want to explore them again.

Tomb Raider 2 is one of the games I prefer in the series before the newer games had come out. We got an anniversary Tomb Raider 1 upgrade so why not a Tomb Raider 2? I love the old style of Lara Croft and would 100%  buy a remaster of the 2nd game. Non of this rebooted Lara, I want old school Lara but redone.


Honorable Mentions include Parasite Eve, Primal, Metal Gear Solid, Half Life , A Bugs Life.. basically any game I played. LOL!

Most of these games are wishful thinking and if any of them did get remastered, I'd be buying them straight away.

What games would you like to see get the remake treatment? 


No comments :

Post a Comment