MARC JACOBS VELVET NOIR MASCARA*

Monday 16 October 2017

I recently got into using the website/app influenster and I was surprised to find out that I had one of their UK vox boxes heading my way. This vox box was a Marc Jacobs Beauty box and inside was the new Velvet Noir Mascara. I'm so excited as I've never tried or owned anything from Marc Jacobs so thank you influenster for giving me the opportunity to try this out.



After reading up on this mascara I found out that it was inspired by Marc's first beauty memory of his mother carefully shaving fibers from a velvet ribbon to make her own couture faux lashes. To be quite frank.. who thinks of that?! I feel like beauty extraordinaires always come up with weird memories and crazy stories to justify why the product is what it is. It's cute but I don't need a life story attached to a beauty product. I just need it to work. 

This mascara claims to give you some major drama to your lashes, maybes he should have called it Jeffree. With ultra concentrated black pigment it's suppose to give you fuller, longer, smudge free and a visual impact in three strokes or less for £22. 

Let's talk about the packaging. This mascara feels heavy and with sleek packaging, it ticks the right boxes. The brush is a hourglass shape to reach those inner and outer corners and it's thin enough for me to use. I'm lucky with my eyelashes as they are quite long anyway so when it comes to a mascara I don't really look for length but volume. I'm not a huge user of false eyelashes so I like my natural lashes to grab all the attention on my face. Whenever I get compliments, it's always on my eyes and I feel like this mascara does the job for that. 


For £22 this mascara is great! I find most mascaras do their job on my eyes and I'm usually picky about the wands. I love a good thin bristle wand. Like Roller Lash from Benefit. Any chunky wand heads and they get put back. It's a reason why I love Primark's mascaras too! This wand helped to coat all of my lashes too. Its good enough for me to want to buy it for a friend or purchase myself but £22 goes a long way. Spend it on a mascara you will always love. And this one can be forgettable. It didn't disappoint me. Don't get me wrong. It glided nicely on the lashes, made them fuller, longer and very black. And overall made them look like I had stuck on some falsies but for me there are other products better priced that work just as well. This doesn't mean that you won't love this mascara. This might be the holy grail for you. But for me. It's just good. If I could rate this, i'd give it a 4 out of 5. 

PROS | Packaging, Volumising, Pigmented, Lengthening, No clumping, The wand. Long Lasting
CONS | Flaking on lower lashes, Feels forgettable.


Will you be trying out this mascara? What is your personal holy grail?

No comments :

Post a Comment