AUTUMN BOOK TAG

Sunday 22 October 2017



What is your favourite thing about Autumn?| The colours of decaying leaves, that certain smell of autumn in the air (you know what I mean), hot cocoa & books on rainy days and big blankets draped over me while I'm watching reruns of Gilmore Girls on the sofa. Walking past coffee shops and resisting all urge to buy all the pumpkin spice drinks. Whipping out those mustard and berry colours that are more suitable now then they are in the Summer time. Candy Corn and reruns of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

What fictional character from a book, would you dress up as for Halloween?| Clary from The Mortal Instruments/ Shadowhunters or Harley Quinn. Maybes Pennywise from IT. I DUNNO. Too many to choose from. I'd love to be covered in the Shadowhunter runes while sporting some epic auburn/ginger hair though.



What book reminds you of school days?| Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I randomly picked it up in the library one day, not realising how long it had already been out and the phenomenon that would happen within the next few months. I read Twilight within 2 days. Then carried on with the rest of the books. I had read almost the entire series within one month. I'm embarrassed looking back on the age of sixteen I was completely obsessed with these books. They were books that helped me escape reality. Before high school, I read a book series called WIcca. (also known as Sweep) by Cate Tiernan. I was also obsessed with these books and I also blame them for getting me interested into the world of Wiccans and Pagans, I was already interested in Witchcraft thanks to Charmed and various films. I had read all fifteen books during my primary school/high school years. And was equally obsessed with the Characters Hunter and Morgan. I guess they were my very first ship via a book. Just writing about them now makes me want to re-read this series. It actually has a very Mortal Intruments feel about it just with witches instead of angels and downworlders.

What is your favourite horror or halloween story?| Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz is a good book to read for Halloween. If you don't know what Odd Thomas is about, it tells the story of Odd Thomas, yes that is his name and how he can see dead people. He helps solve whatever is stopping them from moving on and chaos usually follows. It's very much like The Ghost Whisperer but with better dialogue and brilliant stories and twists. I recommend this book series. I guess this book comes to the closest Horror Book I've read apart from My Best Friends Exorcism. I need more horror books in my life. I used to love Point Horror when I was younger but I can hardly remember any of the stories but I did have a few I loved at the time.

What is the creepiest book you've read?| Flowers in the Attic / Dollanganger Series by VC Andrews has been the creepiest I've read so far. Incest, Abuse and some gross scenes made it creepy and a book I couldn't put down. I'm sure there was few Point Horror books in my childhood that were quite creepy to read as well.

A Book that makes you feel warm and fuzzy| 
This was hard to think about because most of the books I read are Crime Thrillers or Fantasy. I guess perhaps Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman but that might be the tea I drank while reading. Does anyone have a warm and fuzzy feeling while reading and which book set you off? 

What fall release are you looking forward to?| Warcross by Marie Lu, The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman (I actually have an ebook review copy but I really want a physical copy), Friend Request by Laura Marshall & Renegades by Marissa Meyer and I'm sure there are many more to discover!

What three books are you planning on reading this Autumn?| I plan on reading Tami Hoag's Down The Darkest Road, Storm Front by Jim Butcher and The Aurora Tea Garden by Charlaine Harris. I like to cosy up with a good crime/mystery thriller. Down the Darkest Road is the third installment to Tami's Oak Knoll series and I'm obsessed. I've just finished The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deavers. I can't wait to read more Lincoln Rhyme books.





I wanna tag all of you that are reading this to do the same!


No comments :

Post a Comment