MY OLD TWITTER GOT HACKED..

Thursday, 23 June 2016


EDIT: I managed to get my Twitter account back. No thanks to twitter support! YAY


Suspicious activity was reported on my account yesterday and I tried to reset my password. But unfortunately the phone number and email address are no longer active and I can't get into them (always keep stuff up to date guys!) and now my @italktogh0sts twitter account is locked and goodbye to all 2.3k followers/bloggers/businesses

If anyone was following me on my old account, I appreciate it if you could follow me on my new twitter account - @italktoghosts  And if you could help me get back some mutual followers that would be so generous of you!

In the meantime I will still be emailing twitter support to see if ANYTHING can be done about it. I don't care if my account was compromised but Twitter should have more than two ways of trying to verify your account. Because this sucks.

Also I bought that poop emoji from the poundshop.

Much Love,

2 comments :

  1. I bet if you explain the situation, you can get Twitter to help you. I had previously used an email address for an old blog on my twitter, and when I went to add my personal email address, it said it was used by another account. Turns out, my email address had been used without my permission to create a spam account (I have no idea how that happened since I didn't get any emails about an account being made). I was able to explain everything to Twitter. They unlocked the account with my email address so I could remove it and then delete the account.

    Which is a very long winded way of saying, "I'm sorry, but I'm sure if Twitter helped me, I'm sure they'll be able to help you, too."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do hope Twitter will respond to my emails. I'm hoping they can just unlock it so I can remove the old email and replace it with a new one, hopefully they also think I'm the owner of the account because they might think I'm the one whos hacking it. which would really suck but I'm sure I could provide more proof of who I am to them.

      How long did they take to respond to you?

      Delete